Each summer, when conditions of fire hazard exist, the State Forester will declare fire
season to be in effect. Because conditions vary across the state, each Oregon Department
of Forestry protection district will declare fire season separately. The declaration
of fire season affects forest and other commercial operations as well the general
Debris burning is prohibited. Call your local ODF office or Siletz Valley Fire for more information.
The use of exploding targets and tracer ammunition is prohibited.
All burn permits issued by Siletz Valley Fire are no longer valid. Permits will be issued again this fall in accordance with ODF regulations. In addition, ODF has updated it’s regulated use regulations to include the following:
• Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
• All open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
• Non-Industrial chain saw use is prohibited unless waived by the forester.
• Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
• Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and either one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger ABC rated fire extinguisher.
• Use of fireworks is prohibited.
• Cutting, grinding, and welding of metal is prohibited.
• Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited after 1:00 PM.
Aside from these restrictions, also prohibited throughout fire season is backyard debris burning,
the use of exploding targets and the use of tracer ammunition. Sky lanterns are prohibited year
round in Oregon.
Fire season equipment requirements are in effect.
Industrial Fire Precaution Levels (IFPL).
Smoking is prohibited while working in or traveling through any operation area.
The use of fuse and caps for blasting is prohibited, unless approved by the forester.
Additional fire restrictions or regulations may apply to various fire risks throughout the fire season.
Fire Season shall remain in effect until terminated by an additional declaration of the State Forester that conditions
of fire hazard no longer exist.